Today, I spent the afternoon flipping through my journal entries from 2016 and highlighting some valuable tips, realizations, and lessons that apply to my life right now (and probably always will). Scroll down for the full list!
(Warning: this is a lot of common sense stuff…)
1) Say “yes” more.
2) It’s not always beneficial to avoid conflict.
3) Stop comparing yourself to others. (Classic!)
4) Don’t misplace your identity.
5) Embrace who you are.
6) Don’t place your worth in what others think about you.
7) Be PRESENT.
8) (Related point) Try not to approach new relationships with so many expectations.
9) Be grateful. (Classic!)
10) Success is meaningless if you have no one to share it with (and if I add this parenthetical, does it mean I still ended the sentence with a preposition?).
11) Try living a more outward-focused life.
12) Be more generous with your time.
13) Give love.
14) Take responsibility for your decisions. Take responsibility for your actions.
15) Learn to let things go.
16) Practice patience.
17) Be forgiving of others. Nobody’s perfect.
18) Don’t let one negative aspect of your experience define your overall experience.
19) It’s tempting to take the “easy” way out, but that will never help you grow.
20) Stop looking for the “perfect job.”
…Alright. That’s all I have for this list of 20 random life lessons from a 20-something adult child. Let me know what lessons you’ve learned in your twenties in the comments below. I’d love to hear them all!